Get expert instruction and hands-on practice configuring and managing clients and devices by using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and its associated site systems. In this five-day course, you will learn day-to-day management tasks, including how to manage software, client health, hardware and software inventory, applications, and integration with Intune. You also will learn how to optimize System Center EndpointProtection, manage compliance, and create management queries and reports.
- Module 1: Managing computers and mobile devices in the enterprise
- Module 2: Preparing the management infrastructure to support PCs and mobile devices
- Module 3: Deploying and managing clients
- Module 4: Managing inventory for PCs and applications
- Module 5: Distributing and managing content used for deployments
- Module 6: Deploying and managing applications
- Module 7: Maintaining software updates for managed PCs
- Module 8: Implementing Endpoint Protection for managed PCs
- Module 9: Managing compliance and secure data access
- Module 10: Managing operating-system deployments
- Module 11: Mobile device management using Configuration Manager and Microsoft Intune
- Module 12: Managing and maintaining a Configuration Manager site
This course is for experienced information technology (IT) professionals, typically described as Enterprise Desktop Administrators (EDAs). EDAs deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and applications across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. A significant portion of this audience uses, or intends to use, the latest release ofConfiguration Manager. By using Configuration Manager, EDAs also can support either domain-joined or non-domain-joined Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)scenarios, mobile-device management, and secure data access on common operating-system platforms, such as Windows, Windows Phone, Apple iOS, andAndroid.
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)principles and fundamentals of AD DS Management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of public key infrastructure(PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.