Master the technical skills needed to analyze financial statements and disclosures for use in financial analysis, and learn how accounting standards and managerial incentives affect the financial reporting process. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to read the three most common financial statements: the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows.
- understand and apply the essential numerical skills required for bookkeeping and accounting
- understand and explain the relationship between the accounting equation and double-entry bookkeeping
- record transactions in the appropriate ledger accounts using the double-entry bookkeeping system
- balance off ledger accounts at the end of an accounting period
- prepare a trial balance, balance sheet and a profit and loss account.