Linux adoption continues to rise world-wide as individual users, government entities and industries ranging from automotive to space exploration embrace open source technologies. This expansion of open source in enterprise is redefining traditional Information and Communication Technology (ICT) job roles to require more Linux skills.
Whether you’re starting your career in open source, or looking for advancement, independently verifying your skill set can help you stand out to hiring managers or your management team. The Linux Essentials Professional Development Certificate (PDC) also serves as an ideal stepping-stone to the more advanced LPIC Professional Certification track for Linux Systems Administrators.
Learning through dynamic video presentations, and practical learning activities including tutorials and exercises, you will acquire a hands on learning experience that will enable you to devise and execute an advanced strategy.
The course is designed by industry experts in a structured syllabus along with learning materials that are informed by essential innovative techniques and best practices in the area.
- Linux Evolution and Popular Operating Systems
- Major Open Source Applications
- Understanding Open Source Software
- Licensing ICT Skills
- Working in Linux
- Command Line Basics
- Using the Command Line to Get Help
- Using Directories and Listing Files Creating
- Moving and Deleting Files
- Archiving Files on the Command Line
- Searching and Extracting Data from Files
- Turning Commands into a Script
- Choosing an Operating System
- Understanding Computer Hardware
- Where Data is Stored
- IT support technician
- IT support administrator
- IT support specialist
- Technical support specialist
- Field service technician