This course teaches the principles and practices of effective audits in accordance with "Guidelines on Auditing Management Systems course teaches the principles and practices of effective quality management system audits in accordance with, “Guidelines for auditing management systems”. , from initiating the audit through to conducting audit follow-up.
By attending this course delegates will gain necessary auditing skills developed through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, practical role-playing, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
This training course aims to provide the participants with the required knowledge, skills will demonstrate knowledge and basic skills to undertake and lead management systems audit.
Explain the purpose and business benefits of:
- A Quality Management System
- Management system audit
- Third-party certification.
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow upon Quality MS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate).
- Knowledge of the following quality management principles and concepts:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction
- Commonly used quality management terms and definitions and the 8Quality Principles as given in ISO 9000
- The process approach used in quality management
- The Model of a Process Based Quality Management System, the structure and content of ISO 9001
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001
- It is advisable that delegates have either attended an internal auditors course, or had experience with conducting internal or supplier audits