Radio location, developed in the 1930s be regarded as heralding the application of electronics for military purposes. The rapid developments in technology made during and after the Second World War have led to the complete dependence of defense systems on electronics. It was inevitable that electronic devices would become the targets for attack, not necessarily by physical means, but more subtly by using electronic transmissions to reduce the efficiency of enemy devices.
The aim of this lesson is introduce the student to Electronic Combat/Electronic. Warfare and associated terminology and definitions of EW.
- Introduction to EW
- Meteorology in Electronic Warfare
- Frequency spectrum
- Electronic Support Measures (ESM)
- Electronic counter Measures (ECM
- Electronic Protection Measures (EPM)
- Scan Type
- Radar parameters
- EMCON planning
- Electronic Warfare Tasking (EW Tasking)
- EW racket reporting procedure
- Missile Guidance