Data science is the study of data. It involves developing methods of recording, storing, and analyzing data to effectively extract useful information. The goal of data science is to gain useful insights and knowledge from any type of data — both structured and unstructured to C-LevelManagement. Data science is an inter-disciplinary field that uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems to extract knowledge and insights from many structural and unstructured data. Data science is related to data mining, deep learning and big data.
Data science professionals examine which questions need answering and where to find the related data. They have business acumen and analytical skills as well as the ability to mine, clean, and present data. Businesses useData science professionals to source, manage, and analyze large amounts of unstructured data.
This course will cover the essentials of python programming with a self-paced module that includes an assessment. Our course will then dive head-first into the data science and machine learning libraries that python provides and then ensures that the knowledge you gain translates into tangible skills with the help of a capstone project.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of data science processes, data wrangling, data exploration, data visualization, hypothesis building, and testing; and the basics of statistics.
- Understand the essential concepts of Python programming for data type such as datatypes, tuples, lists, dicts, basic operators, and functions
- Perform data analysis, manipulation and visualization using data structures and tools provided in the popular packages such as Pandas
- Demonstrate data visualization with Python and packages such as Numpy, Seaborn, Matplotlib
- Gain an in-depth understanding of supervised learning and unsupervised learning models such as linear regression, logistic regression, clustering, dimensionality reduction.
- Setting up a platform for Python development
- Dealing with data science libraries and package
- Basics of machine learning techniques
- Object Oriented Programming with Python
- Data visualization techniques
- Capstone Project development
- Group dynamics