This course helps non-finance people with basic fundamentals of accounting, reading and analysis of financial statements. It will help you to appreciate the relationship between accounting and finance and understand the use of debits and credits.Finally, this course will help you to accurately record financial transactions and summarize them in financial statements.
- Define accounting and the accounting cycle
- Identify the major rules and principles of accounting under theInternational Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic accounting equation, double-entry bookkeeping, and the new automated accounting systems
- List the key financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, changes in shareholders’ equity and cash flow statement) and their components
- Practice financial statements’ adjustments at month and year-end
- Accounting for business transactions
- Prepare income statements
- Interpret balance sheets
- Analyze cash flow statements
- Prepare adjustment entries
- Use debits and credits
- ApplyInternationalFinancial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
Managers, supervisors and staff from any function including the accounting department who need to improve understanding and application and techniques of the language of numbers.